Simple Steps for Skin Protection:
- Cleansing: Clean your skin regularly to get rid of dust and grime. This is the first step for a healthy skin. Remove all makeup before you go to sleep.
- Moisturizing: Use a moisturizer after a wash. A moisturizer not only restores the moisture back to your skin, it also maintains your skin's pH balance and nourishes it.
- Protect your Skin from the Sun: Use a sunscreen before venturing out in the sun. Wear sunglasses to protect the sensitive areas around your eyes. If the heat is strong, then wear light long sleeved dresses and shirts to protect your arms. Cover your head in the sun or if it is very windy.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink at least eight glasses of water and fruit juice every day. Splash your face with water whenever you get the opportunity.
- Drink Healthy: Restrict your intake of coffee. Cut down on alcohol. Drink water as often as possible.
- Eat Healthy: Select food rich in proteins and vitamins as opposed to fat and starch. Restrict your intake of sugar. Eat food rich in fiber. Consume fresh vegetables, legumes and fruits.
- Be Happy: Your face reflects your mood. A happy person will usually have a glowing and healthy look. Frowns can bring early wrinkles on your face. Therefore, avoid stressful situations. Focus on happier moments. Yoga and meditation are very good for a healthy skin.
- Select your Skin Care Products Carefully: Make sure that you are not allergic to any ingredient used in a skin care product that you select. If in doubt, consult a dermatologist for advice.